Winter is hard on outdoor pools! Here is a handy checklist for you and your team to follow when planning a successful spring opening:
- Do you see holes, tears, broken springs and loose anchors or any other surface issues?
- Are your water levels lower than when winter started?
If so, where did the water go?
- Is there frost damage, uneven surfaces, delaminated areas, peeling paint, marbelite or other tripping hazards?
- Are your pump bearings noisy?
- Are the filters ready for another busy season?
- Are dosing devices, automation systems, and lights working properly?
- Flow meters are a necessary part of the circulation system. Is yours in working condition?
- Is the electrical heater free of debris?
- When was the last time a certified gas technician inspected your gas heater?
- Have you scheduled an inspection/cleaning?
- Are all circuits functioning?
- Is the filter room illumination level sufficient for staff to safely operate in it?
- Is equipment starting up and running properly?
- Is this free of debris?
- Have the cartridges and sand been cleaned/replaced?
New Ontario Pool Health Regulations Compliance
- Do you have the most up to date safety equipment?
- Does your signage need updating or replaced?
- Is the slope in the pool more than 8% and need a buoy line?
- Is your First-Aid equipment sufficient?
- Do you have the resources to check the pool chemical levels every two or four hours?
- Do you have the pool deck delineate?
- Do you have a chemical controller that shows the chlorine residual level in ppm?
Ladders & Rails
- Is anything loose?
- Is there hardware missing?
- Are there gaps or holes?
- Have posts or poles moved from frost?
- Are self-closing gates working properly?
- What was your user feedback like last season?
- Are you satisfied with your current pool maintenance plan?
- Do you see the need for a live feedback monitoring system?
Superior is here to support you and your users all season long with affordable maintenance packages that make your job easier!
Contact Us Now For Your Pool Opening, Maintenance & Lifeguarding Services